Pages

Great Books: Girls 9-12 category

Jul 8, 2012

YAH! I recently discovered the Scholastic kids' blog Ink Splot 26 and I ADORE it! Ever since I started reading it, I have updated my "Want-to-Reads" book list to over 30 books! I want to inspire some other children to read this blog and discover very interesting books; I know how that feels because I have taken pride in sharing my favorites with my friends. I will try to post often if I find any especially good ones.
Family themes--  Walk Two Moons, by Sharon Creech
Love, Aubrey, by Suzanne LaFleur
Missing May, by Cynthia Rylant
A Corner of the Universe, by Ann M. Martin

"Fitting in"-- Bridge to Terabithia
Stargirl, by Jerry Spinelli

Friendship/Hope themes-- Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes, by Eleanor Coerr
Hope Was Here, by Joan Bauer
Searching for David's Heart, by Cherie Barrett

Historical themes-- The Hope Chest, by Karen Schwabach
Distant Waves, by Suzanne Weyn (careful of the romance)
Number the Stars, by Lois Lowry
Under the Hawthorn Tree, by Marita Conlon-McKenna

Mystery-detective-- The Red Blazer Girls, by Michael D. Beil
Harriet the Spy, by Louise Fitzhugh
Elvis and Olive, Super Detectives, by Stephanie Watson
Nancy Drew, by Carolyn Keene

Magic fantasy-- Princess Academy, by Shannon Hale (My friends say it isn't that good, but I secretly disagree and actually love it)
Summer of Moonlight Secrets, by Danette Haworth
The Wonderful Flight to the Mushroom Planet, by Eleanor Cameron
The Little Prince, by Antoine de Saint-Exupery

School and Miscellaneous--  The Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler, by E.L. Konigsburg
Eight Keys, by Suzanne LaFleur
The View from Saturday, by E.L. Konigsburg
Matilda, by Roald Dahl
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS