Pages

Quickie Review: The One and Only Ivan * 2013 Newbery Award Winner!! *

Jan 30, 2013

The One and Only IvanThe One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read this book as soon as it was announced that it was a Newbery winner. Actually, I remember going to the library, when the Newbery Awards were to be announced at around 11 a.m., and when it was one I had gone to the library and I remember saying, "Wow! They've already got the 'Newbery Award' sticker on it!" That seemed like a big deal to me, haha.

Anyways, I really liked this book. I don't remember much about this book, the main reason being that I read it almost a year ago or 5/6 of a year ago. However, I recall it being quite poignant and interesting and having many quotes worth dog-earing the pages among other things :)

Also, I really liked the ending. <3 It just brought so much closure to the book as a whole.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS