Pages

Quickie Review: Jefferson's Sons

Jan 17, 2013

Jefferson's SonsJefferson's Sons by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Actual rating: 3.5 stars

Wow. This book was an eye-opener, for sure.

I believe that it was my mother who first thrust this book at me. Or maybe I had just seen the pretty spine or the "Historical Fiction" sticker or something. Anyways, as soon as I started reading this book, I was intrigued. Not hooked, necessarily, but intrigued.

The story is well-written and the facts are well researched. However, it did not make much of an impression on me now, so that's -0.5 stars.

But this book let me rediscover historical fiction, and the subject is so well done. This book actually kind of reminds me of The Hope Chest for some reason, although the topics are similar yet different at the same time. :3 I'm bad at explaining things, but hopefully you'll understand...?



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS