Pages

#feelinggood (book update)

Mar 18, 2014


:D

On the other hand, been busy but haven't abandoned you guys yet, don't lose hope! >.<

I've just finished rereading Catherine, Called Birdy and Stargirl (one of my absolute favorite books).

I'm still ploughing through "The Deja Vu Experiment." Other people have said that it's like a "self-help book for the author," which I find difficult to understand; however, it does read somewhat like an organization of ideas, but not in a way that is coherent or interesting. I cannot think of anyone who would want to read this book, and I'm not sure why there are characters in it.

There is a character named Diana (I believe she is real, or at least a real person with the name changed), and she is basically the author/narrator's (I really cannot distinguish the two; I am not even sure if they are the same person or not) wife, who has taught said author/narrator a ton about some very very obscure and difficult ideas.

I am not in any way condoning the author for the way he chose to present these ideas, or about the ideas themselves; however, he might want to rethink why he chose to publish his book, as I don't believe this has any appeal (for its target audience, at least, which, according to NetGalley, is Science Fiction enthusiasts).

I'm also not sure: if it is classified as Science Fiction, does that mean that the author believes it is "fiction"? If so, then is the author the first-person narrator of the book (or is it based off of the author)? We never learn the character's name, I think; or it might be "John Galt."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS