Pages

The Deja Vu Experiment by J.G. Renato

Mar 6, 2014

The Deja Vu ExperimentThe Deja Vu Experiment by J.G. Renato
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

ARC courtesy of NetGalley. Thank you NetGalley!

I heard someone say that it was like a "self help book.... for the author." While I don't necessarily agree, I thought many of the ideas in it were interesting, but altogether it was not interesting enough to hold my attention for long periods of time. The books seemed incredibly repetitive, repeating things a lot. What I had a huge problem with, though, was the utter lack of plot.

Now, I'm not sure what genre this falls in. On NetGalley, it was listed as Science Fiction, but that seems almost unbelievable now that I've read it. It's more like a spiritual book, somehow. But for a book this thick (I'm pretty sure it's a thick book. I read it in ebook format though.), I can't believe that it talks about the same exact thing over and over.

There are mentions of a certain "Diana," but the relationship between Diana and the narrator is confusing and not at all well explained: she was a widow, and then she met John, the narrator, and then they got married (?) and then (view spoiler) Apparently Diana is the one who taught John [you barely hear his name repeated throughout the book anyway, only once or twice] about "the gap", which I won't explain in further detail. "The gap" and the ideas surrounding it make up ~98$ of the book, probably even more. I'll give the author credit; the book does do a great job of explaining just what "the gap" is. But I'm not sure that many people actually want to know.... I was ready to stop reading at around 15% or 30% through...

Mostly, I didn't understand the author's purpose. Or the genre. Or a lot things, actually, about this book.

View all my reviews 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS